The new moon in Cancer will take place on Monday, July 17th at 24 degrees. The sun and moon will oppose Pluto in Capricorn stirring and perhaps releasing feelings that are buried or otherwise repressed.
This does not have to be disturbing or painful. You may simply feel empowered. You may also encounter a Pluto in Capricorn figure but what is that? A powerful authority figure? There are people with status and authority who support and empower others, all day long. No need to psych yourself out over this.
Can a family member die? Yes, of course. This is always the case, but if something like that were to happen, it would probably be expected, rather than something that comes our of left field. Cancer moon + Pluto – family inheritance. The sun is the father of course, but this will not manifest for the vast majority so I’d not dwell on it.
Overall, I would expect a good result from this. Let’s say you feel insecure. Pluto in Capricorn can help galvanize you to better secure the underpinnings of your life. Anchor Deep comes to mind.
We set intentions under new moons. Here are some idea based on the house in your natal chart where the new moon falls:
- New Moon in the 1st house – Hero parenting.
- New Moon in the 2nd house – Secure financial investments.
- New Moon in the 3rd house – Nurturing conversations, maybe pitch in with siblings or neighbors.
- New Moon in the 4th house – Power of the family! Also, connection to your roots.
- New Moon in the 5th house – Caring for the children in your family, in a way that empowers them.
- New Moon in the 6th house – Nurturing your health. Also, sensitivity to emotional realities on the job.
- New Moon in the 7th house – Security from partnership, also nurturing your relationship.
- New Moon in the 8th house – Healing from family pathology.
- New Moon in the 9th house – Expanding your comfort zone.
- New Moon the 10th house – You’re fully in charge; set a good example.
- New Moon in the 11th house – Nurturing your friendships
- New Moon in the 12th house – Potential contact with family members who have passed.
Where does the new moon fall in your chart? How will you channel this energy?