Astrology in real life.
When Pluto first entered my 12th house by transit, I found very little written about this transit. I decided to fill the void by making a point of writing about it. You can access these posts here – tag – Pluto transit 12th.
Right now, I have Pluto in Capricorn (Saturn) transiting my 12th (Neptune). I simultaneously have Saturn transits my natal Neptune in Scorpio (Pluto). It’s no surprise I’ve become very interested in death and dying from a spiritual perspective.
I was fortunate to come across the Catholic Book of the Dead. This is from the book description:
“Join author Ann Ball as she explores ways we have tried to explain and cope with death throughout history. Discover how Roman and Hebrew funeral customs influenced early Christian rites; how the Middle Ages and the “Black Death” gave rise to customs we maintain today; and how the Protestant Reformation helped shape our modern funeral practices. Explore how different cultures view death – from an Irish wake to a Japanese Catholic funeral, from Mexican ceremonies to Native American Catholicism and tribal beliefs…”
I’ve enjoyed reading about individuals or groups of individuals who died many centuries ago. It’s fascinating to learn how families and societies dealt with death throughout the ages. What laws were passed that altered funeral practices? Why were the laws passed? What trends developed…and then faded away? It’s a powerful lens through which you can view life in the modern day.
If you immerse yourself in something, it’s bound to impact you. This is particularly true if you’re as permeable as I am. I am seeing the boundary (Capricorn) between the living and dead (Pluto) dissolve (12th), as I become more and more interested in things like the Communion of the Saints.
I have never been afraid of dying. I have never know why I don’t fear death, but I am starting to get an inkling.
15 Responses to “Pluto Transit the 12th House – Mine – Funeral Customs Throughout History”
Heads Up from Elsa P!
Sign up below to get my free email newsletter offering a variety of entertaining astrology-themed tips and tricks.
Get A Consultation
Order a Report
Recent Blog Comments
- dorchid: Yes! Jupiter gives an interesting flavor to this, and I agree wi...
- Elsa: Eleni, I prefer Equal. :)
- Eleni: Hallo, Which house system works better for Lunar Reports ? Which...
- Bunny: No I'm still trying to put it all together. I was a young overwh...
- Elsa: Can you please quit commenting in CAPS? Thanks! :)
- Jonnala Venkataramireddy: YES,MY LUNAR RETURN HAS CAME WITH A LOT NOW I KNEW THIS.THE FALL...
- moon Neptune: Hey satori, where is that picture from? It's cool.
Recent Board Posts
- What's Your Survivalist Guide/Advice for Working From Home?
- MOVING THE SITE TODAY
- URANUS SQUARE PLUTO ---7 EXACT in 3 Years... WOW!!
- Gas Prices
- Blessed Place Interviewed by Osw
- angelina jolie double mastectomy
- Anyone Else Notice A Seismic Shift?
- Scorp male & Gem female
- A failed hair experiment.
- Lilith And Sexuality