Astrology in real life
I was talking to satori and she reminded me of this old post. The comments are amusing. I was right about this. I would not have made the claim if I couldn’t back it up!
I think this is such an important topic and rarely (if ever) discussed in life or in astrology.
/ˈnoʊʃən/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [noh-shuhn] Show IPA Pronunciation
1. a general understanding; vague or imperfect conception or idea of something: a notion of how something should be done.
2. an opinion, view, or belief: That’s his notion, not mine.
3. conception or idea: his notion of democracy.
4. a fanciful or foolish idea; whim: She had a notion to swim in the winter.
5. an ingenious article, device, or contrivance; knickknack.
Mercury which rules the mind is given far less weight in astrology then it deserves. There are exceptions to this. Most notably Lois Rodden wrote a book: Mercury Method of Chart Comparison. She explained how important Mercury was when comparing charts to judge compatibility. Basically if there can be no meeting of the minds, the relationship is going to fail over time.
Common sense tells you this is correct. It ought to tell you this planet and its functions are in fact undervalued because you never hear this kind of thing. Virgos and Geminis? Who needs ‘em? Mercury? Who needs Mercury when we’ve got Pluto to focus on?
Well I mean to show you that Mercury can readily take out Pluto. Who believes me?
28 Responses to “The Mind And Communication: Mercury Trumps Pluto? Yer Crazy, Elsa P!”
Heads Up from Elsa P!
Sign up below to get my free email newsletter offering a variety of entertaining astrology-themed tips and tricks.