My eye on the sky.
The New Moon in Capricorn has a lot of company! The Sun and Moon meet at 21 degrees Capricorn, joining Venus, Mercury and Pluto in the sign. Mars is in Aquarius, the other Saturn-ruled sign, so the emphasis on Saturn here is off the charts. (see Transit Watch – Stellium in Capricorn)
New Moons are associated with new beginnings. We set our intentions are this time. With all the focus on Saturn, an intention to “sleep more” or “deny more” is not at all appropriate. You want to come up with something that incorporates discipline and commitment. Here are some ideas for each of the houses:
- New Moon in the 1st house pressures you to lead, or perhaps grow up you physical appearance.
- New Moon in the 2nd house asks that you be responsible with money, or earn your self-esteem.
- New Moon in the 3rd house asks that you take responsibility for what you say, making sure your ideas have substance. You may also want to gossip less.
- New Moon in the 4th prompts you to take responsibly for your home and family. Go visit your Grandpa, bring more discipline into the home, even if this means keeping your home in good working order.
- New Moon in the 5th asks that you definite your creative self. How do you shine? Are you fulfilling this?
- New Moon in the 6th house indicates this is a good time to start a health regimen, or a commitment to working harder or helping more.
- New Moon in the 7th asks that you do right by others.
- New Moon in the 8th house is about taking responsibility for your pathology, and perhaps facing your fear of dying. Make a will and such!
- New Moon in the 9th asks that you define your beliefs, and perhaps grow them up. You might also commit to higher education of some kind.
- New Moon in the 10th marks you as an authority figure. You’re to set a good example for others/
- New Moon in the 11th has you take responsibility for manifesting your wishes, hopes and dreams, in reality. If you want it, don’t look at others to get it for you – this is your job!
- New Moon in the 12th asks you to learn about faith and being supported by the ethereal. Also, working with your dreams.
The New Moon in Capricorn takes place at 21 degrees. Where does it fall in your chart? Set your intention here!
Order a personalized transit report for $10
See what is coming up for all – Transit Watch
46 Responses to “New Moon in Capricorn: January 11, 2013 – Effects Through The Houses”
Heads Up from Elsa P!
Sign up below to get my free email newsletter offering a variety of entertaining astrology-themed tips and tricks.
Get A Consultation
Order a Report
Recent Blog Comments
- dorchid: Yes! Jupiter gives an interesting flavor to this, and I agree wi...
- Elsa: Eleni, I prefer Equal. :)
- Eleni: Hallo, Which house system works better for Lunar Reports ? Which...
- Bunny: No I'm still trying to put it all together. I was a young overwh...
- Elsa: Can you please quit commenting in CAPS? Thanks! :)
- Jonnala Venkataramireddy: YES,MY LUNAR RETURN HAS CAME WITH A LOT NOW I KNEW THIS.THE FALL...
- moon Neptune: Hey satori, where is that picture from? It's cool.
Recent Board Posts
- What's Your Survivalist Guide/Advice for Working From Home?
- MOVING THE SITE TODAY
- URANUS SQUARE PLUTO ---7 EXACT in 3 Years... WOW!!
- Gas Prices
- Blessed Place Interviewed by Osw
- angelina jolie double mastectomy
- Anyone Else Notice A Seismic Shift?
- Scorp male & Gem female
- A failed hair experiment.
- Lilith And Sexuality