Living in Aurora, the shooting is at the front of everyone’s mind. It’s hard comprehend the effects of having 70 of your neighbors shot. I don’t think this has even begun to hit me. I purposely have not been out in the community that much since this happened because I don’t want to hit a state of overwhelm. When I do go out, the shooting is the first thing one everyone’s mind.
My son is quiet about this for the most part, but what he does says is disturbing. Not overly so. He’s processing this with his friends in real life as well as people he knows through facebook and he’s just made some comments around conclusions he’s drawing. For example he said he does not trust people anymore.
To be fair, he and his best friend were hit by a car, while riding their bikes, two weeks ago. The driver took off, leaving the boys, thirteen and fourteen years old, injured, sitting on the curb next to their mangled bikes. They were leaving the mall where the Century 16 Theater is that day so between these two events, it’s easy to see how his trust in strangers would be shaken.
I know of some people who went to see a movie, Batman even, the day after the shooting. I have no problem with that. I understand it but my impression with these kids is they are in no hurry to go to a theater anytime soon.
There has been talk of raising ticket prices, five dollars to cover extra security. There was a poll in the Denver Post today asking how people felt about this. 85% said they would not be willing to cover that kind of price hike. It makes me think that movie theaters are going to be hit very hard by this.
I’m sorry to say this, but many of them are already struggling and I’m just looking at the kids around here and they really feel they could be killed if they go to a movie.
“I don’t want to die,” my son said. “I’m 13.”
What long term affects of the shooting would you anticipate if you me…if you lived in Aurora, Colorado?
23 Responses to “Long Term Effects Of The Batman Shooting”
Heads Up from Elsa P!
Sign up below to get my free email newsletter offering a variety of entertaining astrology-themed tips and tricks.
Get A Consultation
Order a Report
Recent Blog Comments
- dorchid: Yes! Jupiter gives an interesting flavor to this, and I agree wi...
- Elsa: Eleni, I prefer Equal. :)
- Eleni: Hallo, Which house system works better for Lunar Reports ? Which...
- Bunny: No I'm still trying to put it all together. I was a young overwh...
- Elsa: Can you please quit commenting in CAPS? Thanks! :)
- Jonnala Venkataramireddy: YES,MY LUNAR RETURN HAS CAME WITH A LOT NOW I KNEW THIS.THE FALL...
- moon Neptune: Hey satori, where is that picture from? It's cool.
Recent Board Posts
- What's Your Survivalist Guide/Advice for Working From Home?
- MOVING THE SITE TODAY
- URANUS SQUARE PLUTO ---7 EXACT in 3 Years... WOW!!
- Gas Prices
- Blessed Place Interviewed by Osw
- angelina jolie double mastectomy
- Anyone Else Notice A Seismic Shift?
- Scorp male & Gem female
- A failed hair experiment.
- Lilith And Sexuality