Have you ever noticed yourself being more or less critical of things depending on your mood? I like to watch movies. Neptune is prominent in my chart and I can easily get lost in them. Particularly when the acting is good, I have no problem overlooking flaws such as implausibilities in the plot. Basically if a director wants to take me on a fantasy tour, I’ll go.
Yesterday I watched a movie. It moved me and by the time the movie ended I was sapped up and tear-soaked. I should know better (and perhaps I can learn this), but I googled the movie to read what others saw in the film and how they felt about it. Talk about a buzz-kill. I read a bunch of hypercritical reviews along with some qualified praise. It’s not that anything that anyone wrote was incorrect. It’s just their focus was so different mine, it jarred me. It’s like picking apart a meal, any meal, every meal. It makes me wonder if people who do this enjoy life at all.
I wonder if happy people are hypercritical and I tend tot think they aren’t. I also think people have unhappy periods and during these times, the joy they might get from a song or a movie might be diminished. I don’t know this to be true. It may be wishful thinking.
I have left more than one movie theater with a happy, tear-streaked face, alongside a date who was stoic. This strains both people in ways that are profound by my perception.
Do you tend to be critical or forgiving when it comes to art? Does it vary with your mood?
22 Responses to “Hypercritical Movie Reviews”
Heads Up from Elsa P!
Sign up below to get my free email newsletter offering a variety of entertaining astrology-themed tips and tricks.
Get A Consultation
Order a Report
Recent Blog Comments
- dorchid: Yes! Jupiter gives an interesting flavor to this, and I agree wi...
- Elsa: Eleni, I prefer Equal. :)
- Eleni: Hallo, Which house system works better for Lunar Reports ? Which...
- Bunny: No I'm still trying to put it all together. I was a young overwh...
- Elsa: Can you please quit commenting in CAPS? Thanks! :)
- Jonnala Venkataramireddy: YES,MY LUNAR RETURN HAS CAME WITH A LOT NOW I KNEW THIS.THE FALL...
- moon Neptune: Hey satori, where is that picture from? It's cool.
Recent Board Posts
- What's Your Survivalist Guide/Advice for Working From Home?
- MOVING THE SITE TODAY
- URANUS SQUARE PLUTO ---7 EXACT in 3 Years... WOW!!
- Gas Prices
- Blessed Place Interviewed by Osw
- angelina jolie double mastectomy
- Anyone Else Notice A Seismic Shift?
- Scorp male & Gem female
- A failed hair experiment.
- Lilith And Sexuality