“Fate leads he who follows it, and drags he who resists.”
I have a friend who is starting a new job tomorrow. She has transiting Saturn exact on her IC. The IC is Moon-ruled and the Moon conjuncts Saturn tomorrow. The Moon is feeling, the IC is home and Saturn is restriction. Saturn on the Moon or the IC can bring emotional restriction and fear, which is pretty normal when anticipating a new job situation. The IC is part of the MC/IC axis which signifies career vs. home No doubt this new job will affect the way she splits her energy between career and home, create restriction though not necessarily in a negative way, definitely boundary-setting.
Throughout the summer she has applied for a variety of jobs and narrowed down her field of focus through communications (Saturn transiting the 3rd) and interviews. Her family just weathered the big storm this week. I just joked with her that at least her anxiety is centered around a possible positive life change rather than a tree falling on her house, given Saturn to the IC. The way I see it is that she put in some sustained hard work (Saturn) this summer and created an opportunity. The Saturn IC energy would have manifested in some way. That’s fate. The energy was there. Free will entered when she did the work to create the possibility for it to manifest in a beneficial way.
Transits are neutral. It could have gone many ways but I believe that her positive use of the transiting energy, to work hard in this area, created the possibility of this possible manifestation. Had she sat back and waited for something to happen it might not have been so workable. Saturn in particular rewards hard work.
I’m reminded of the joke about the man who prayed and prayed to win the lottery. When he broke down and lamented never winning and the ruin of his life, God spoke to him saying, “Meet me half way and buy a bloody ticket!” I tend to think that this is how transits work. Fate has to be there but you have to meet it half way by creating the opportunity. This is why I follow planetary transits, to know where and how to create opportunities.
Where are you creating opportunity in your life? Does it reflect a transiting planetary energy?
20 Responses to “Saturn, Fate And Opportunity”
Heads Up from Elsa P!
Sign up below to get my free email newsletter offering a variety of entertaining astrology-themed tips and tricks.
Get A Consultation
Order a Report
Recent Blog Comments
- dorchid: Yes! Jupiter gives an interesting flavor to this, and I agree wi...
- Elsa: Eleni, I prefer Equal. :)
- Eleni: Hallo, Which house system works better for Lunar Reports ? Which...
- Bunny: No I'm still trying to put it all together. I was a young overwh...
- Elsa: Can you please quit commenting in CAPS? Thanks! :)
- Jonnala Venkataramireddy: YES,MY LUNAR RETURN HAS CAME WITH A LOT NOW I KNEW THIS.THE FALL...
- moon Neptune: Hey satori, where is that picture from? It's cool.
Recent Board Posts
- What's Your Survivalist Guide/Advice for Working From Home?
- MOVING THE SITE TODAY
- URANUS SQUARE PLUTO ---7 EXACT in 3 Years... WOW!!
- Gas Prices
- Blessed Place Interviewed by Osw
- angelina jolie double mastectomy
- Anyone Else Notice A Seismic Shift?
- Scorp male & Gem female
- A failed hair experiment.
- Lilith And Sexuality