“What fates impose, that men must needs abide; It boots not to resist both wind and tide.”
The vertex is a “fated encounter” point in any chart and linked to timing by transit and aspect. There is more than one way to spot the chart of a person with whom one has a fate link, but it is often reflected in vertex interaspects between the charts. But what of the relationship? The relationship itself has a chart; it is called the composite and is the chart of the midpoints between the planets and angles of the two individuals’ charts.
The composite chart has a vertex as well. Its vertex is the midpoint between the individuals’ vertices. There are many possible indicators of a fated relationship. Not having any particular one does not mean the relationship is not special or destined. I hesitate to use the word “soulmate” because there is no specific, agreed upon definition. However, one such indicator of a fated relationship is the composite vertex conjunct the composite descendent.
This doesn’t mean the relationship will be easy, or blissful or even long-lasting. What it means is that it will be important and ultimately growth-inducing. Of course, reflectively, that doesn’t mean it WON’T be blissful or long-lasting. There are so many factors to consider, but I find these individual indicators interesting and one more to add to your arsenal of “hmm, isn’t THAT something!”
Before I accept that something “works” I really need to have a grasp on WHY it works. In this case, what enters the relationship through that destiny “stargate” is at the point of the 7th house cusp, Venus-ruled, what one likes. It is an aspect of embracing the destiny of the relationship, whatever that may be.
In addition, transits in conjunction or opposition to the composite vertex show the timing of fated events or people entering your joint life that affect you jointly, affect the relationship itself. Individuals whose planets closely hit that vertex axis can have a profound effect on the relationship. On the descendent they are in agreement with the relationship desires. Or at least when a malefic presence enters there is more likelihood of accord in handling the influence.
Have you checked out the vertex in the composite chart of your relationships?
70 Responses to “Fated Relationships: The Vertex In The Composite”
Heads Up from Elsa P!
Sign up below to get my free email newsletter offering a variety of entertaining astrology-themed tips and tricks.
Get A Consultation
Order a Report
Recent Blog Comments
- dorchid: Yes! Jupiter gives an interesting flavor to this, and I agree wi...
- Elsa: Eleni, I prefer Equal. :)
- Eleni: Hallo, Which house system works better for Lunar Reports ? Which...
- Bunny: No I'm still trying to put it all together. I was a young overwh...
- Elsa: Can you please quit commenting in CAPS? Thanks! :)
- Jonnala Venkataramireddy: YES,MY LUNAR RETURN HAS CAME WITH A LOT NOW I KNEW THIS.THE FALL...
- moon Neptune: Hey satori, where is that picture from? It's cool.
Recent Board Posts
- What's Your Survivalist Guide/Advice for Working From Home?
- MOVING THE SITE TODAY
- URANUS SQUARE PLUTO ---7 EXACT in 3 Years... WOW!!
- Gas Prices
- Blessed Place Interviewed by Osw
- angelina jolie double mastectomy
- Anyone Else Notice A Seismic Shift?
- Scorp male & Gem female
- A failed hair experiment.
- Lilith And Sexuality