“But who am I kidding? Dates are things normal girls have. Girls who have time to think about nail polish and facials. You know what I think about? Ambush tactics. Beheading. Not exactly the stuff dreams are made of.” — Buffy
Have you ever wondered about the astrology of a fictional character? Sure they’re “made up,” but it’s not unusual for a character to be written complete with a fictional birthday. I don’t usually bother to figure that out, the author/creator’s chosen date. My musing tends to be more inductive, taking what I know of the character and ascribing planetary influences based on what I perceive. But I’ve been watching a lot of Buffy lately, too much, actually, and thought, why not? There’s got to be an actual date of birth for Buffy, considering how rabid the fan-base. And there is: the 19th of January, 1981, according to Joss Whedon, the series creator.
This makes Buffy a full moon baby. The full moon occurs minutes before midnight, at zero degrees Aquarius. This is unusual. A full moon at zero degrees is pretty special anyway, ending the moon cycle, mystical in itself, at the beginning of a sign. Buffy with a zero degree Sun-Moon opposition in Aquarius-Leo seems pretty dramatic, the Universal Protector, former cheerleader with foofy hair! An anaretic Capricorn Sun is also possible, last degree of Capricorn, with a Cancer Moon. She’s also a hardworker with a lot of responsibility who loves her family.
In any case I like the Mars-Mercury conjunction in Aquarius for the fictional Protector of the Universe. She’s fast and electric! It even trines a Jupiter Saturn conjunction, bigger than life with added responsibility. Jupiter-Saturn squares her Venus in Capricorn, doing the same for her love life, in a challenging way. And power? Buffy’s Sun and Moon form a tee square with Pluto. Boom.
I think Joss Whedon either has some astrological knowledge, has input from someone who does, or this is amazingly serendipitous. Either way, I’m happy. Buffy shiny! Buffy good!
What’s your favorite fictional character? What do you imagine their astrology to be?
28 Responses to “Fictional Astrology: Buffy Summers (The Vampire Slayer)”
Heads Up from Elsa P!
Sign up below to get my free email newsletter offering a variety of entertaining astrology-themed tips and tricks.
Get A Consultation
Order a Report
Recent Blog Comments
- dorchid: Yes! Jupiter gives an interesting flavor to this, and I agree wi...
- Elsa: Eleni, I prefer Equal. :)
- Eleni: Hallo, Which house system works better for Lunar Reports ? Which...
- Bunny: No I'm still trying to put it all together. I was a young overwh...
- Elsa: Can you please quit commenting in CAPS? Thanks! :)
- Jonnala Venkataramireddy: YES,MY LUNAR RETURN HAS CAME WITH A LOT NOW I KNEW THIS.THE FALL...
- moon Neptune: Hey satori, where is that picture from? It's cool.
Recent Board Posts
- What's Your Survivalist Guide/Advice for Working From Home?
- MOVING THE SITE TODAY
- URANUS SQUARE PLUTO ---7 EXACT in 3 Years... WOW!!
- Gas Prices
- Blessed Place Interviewed by Osw
- angelina jolie double mastectomy
- Anyone Else Notice A Seismic Shift?
- Scorp male & Gem female
- A failed hair experiment.
- Lilith And Sexuality