Is Blogging a Beanie Baby Or What?
Thanks very much for the great comments on the Astrology of blogging bit. I have a few other thoughts, strung together from various sources so I’ll throw them out here in hopes of provoking more dialogue, because this really is a very interesting topic to me.
In spite of the comments, I still hold that blogging is a Sagittarius thing. I am certainly preaching from my soapbox on a blog and I have been since 2001. And what comes to mind is the power (Pluto) the collective (Pluto) has with this ability to broadcast (Sadge) around the world.
A primary example of this is when blogger Drudge of the Drudge Report, reported on Monica Lewinsky in 1998, nearly bringing down the American President in the process. Now that’s impressive.
And now it’s 2006 and we have the Gawker Stalker reporting on the movements of celebrities in near real-time. And technorati collates information and updates very quickly…meaning Joe Shmo can get the word out…any word out, in no time at all and that is power! And consequently, we don’t need the paper anymore. We can get better news, faster and cleaner by reading blogs.
So the other night I was talking to an astrologer who contacted me after reading my blog for two days. And man, was he interesting. I won’t identify him because it was a private conversation and I don’t have permission. And he can surface in the comments if he wants.
But he mentioned the problem the Internet poses for a politician (guess) who might like to spin the news. There is considerable control exerted over the traditional media but the Internet is a problem. If things get dicey, might they shut it down? He wondered. And with Pluto in Sadge, I don’t think this can be counted out. We’re all standing here on our soapboxes shouting into out megaphones (Sadge) and the whole thing goes black (Pluto). Hmm…
But that is all conjecture. What is real, for sure is this: All these men and women around the world, recording what they see and think and feel is enormously powerful. I know that blogging has changed my life completely and irrevocably.
And what about you? Has blogging changed your life? How?
19 Responses to “Is Blogging A Fad? The Astrology…redux”
Heads Up from Elsa P!
Sign up below to get my free email newsletter offering a variety of entertaining astrology-themed tips and tricks.
Get A Consultation
Order a Report
Recent Blog Comments
- dorchid: Yes! Jupiter gives an interesting flavor to this, and I agree wi...
- Elsa: Eleni, I prefer Equal. :)
- Eleni: Hallo, Which house system works better for Lunar Reports ? Which...
- Bunny: No I'm still trying to put it all together. I was a young overwh...
- Elsa: Can you please quit commenting in CAPS? Thanks! :)
- Jonnala Venkataramireddy: YES,MY LUNAR RETURN HAS CAME WITH A LOT NOW I KNEW THIS.THE FALL...
- moon Neptune: Hey satori, where is that picture from? It's cool.
Recent Board Posts
- What's Your Survivalist Guide/Advice for Working From Home?
- MOVING THE SITE TODAY
- URANUS SQUARE PLUTO ---7 EXACT in 3 Years... WOW!!
- Gas Prices
- Blessed Place Interviewed by Osw
- angelina jolie double mastectomy
- Anyone Else Notice A Seismic Shift?
- Scorp male & Gem female
- A failed hair experiment.
- Lilith And Sexuality